Incident Name: grass fire
Personnel: Kevin E Prichard
Agency/Organization: Butler County Fire District #8 Douglass, Kansas
Summary: Firefighter Kevin Prichard was riding on left front extended bumper of a brush engine and using booster hose on a pasture fire. The truck hit a bump. He was bounced off and run over. He did not survive.
Butler County Fire District #8 Douglass, KS, about a mile south of town
HCA Wesley Medical Center, Wichita, KS
- Record from the National Wildfire Coordinating Group's list of Historical Wildland Firefighter Fatalities 1910-1996
- Date: 1987
- Fire Name/Location: Douglas, KS, Butler Vol FD
- Fatalities: 1
- Agency: PVT.
- Fire Behavior: Grass fire
- Remarks: Fell from extended bumper area of brush vehicle and crushed by wheels.
- Kevin Prichard named as fallen
- USFA Memorial Database: Kevin A. Prichard
Contributors to this article: Mellie
Please support the Wildland Firefighter Foundation