Incident Name: Ynez Fire
Date: July 30, 1990
Personnel: Mark Allen Moore
Agency/Organization: US Forest Service, Los Padres National Forest and in the USFA Database as Forest Service, Santa Barbara
Summary: On July 30, 1990, Mark Moore died of a "pulmonary embolism resulting from a fall" while fighting the Ynez Fire on the Los Padres National Forest.
The California Death Index lists his location as Los Angeles
- No reports have been found. [The familysearch.com Database has a Mark Allen Moore (born June 1, 1962) as dying on 17 Sep, 1990 in Los Angeles, CA. He was 28 yr old.
- On quick search, no news articles have been found yet.
- The LODD is entered in the database at the Lessons Learned Center with cause of death as pulmonary embolism. LLC Lookup: enter 1990, listed under pulmonary embolism.
- Historical Wildland Firefighter Fatalities 1910-1996 (page 10): From NWCG (616 K pdf)(scroll down to 1990.)
- MarkMoore's name and death date are included in the USFA Firefighter Fatality Retrospective Study, published April 2002 (2,888 K pdf)
- USFS Heroes Memorial: Mark Allen Moore ; Home forest listed as Los Padres National Forest.
- California Firefighters Memorial Wall Names in Wall Order (229 K pdf). The memorial wall is located in Sacramento, CA
- USFA Memorial Database: Mark Allen Moore Fire Dept name & location: US Forest Service, Santa Barbara, California
- Familysearch with info on the California Death Index: Mark Allen Moore Los Angeles, California
More circumstances surrounding his death are unknown to us at this time. If you have information, please let us know.
Contributors to this article: John Miller, Rene Vanderhooft
Please support the Wildland Firefighter Foundation