Personnel: Tulon Lee Goodwin
Agency/Organization: Alabama Forestry Commission, Montgomery, Alabama
Summary: On 7/6/98 Firefighter Goodwin -- a career forestry worker and firefighter -- had been plowing a fireline for about 4 hours when he was stricken with a heart attack and died. The fire was caused by children playing with bottle rockets.
Alabama Forestry Commission, Montgomery, Alabama
- Tulon Goodwin's name, death date and brief bio are included in the USFA Firefighter Fatality Retrospective Study, published April 2002 (2,888 K pdf)
- NIOSH Report: Forestry Worker Dies While Bulldozing a Fire Line at a Wildland Fire - Alabama
- US Social Security Death Index: Tulon Goodwin
- USFA Memorial Database: Tulon Lee Goodwin
- The USFA database reports the incident date as 07/05/98, in contrast to the NIOSH Report.
- Alabama Fallen Firefighters list: 1998, Tulon Lee Goodwin
- Alabama Fallen Firefighters Memorial, located at the Alabama Fire College in Tuscaloosa, AL
Contributors to this article:
Please support the Wildland Firefighter Foundation