Incident Name: Prescribed burn on the Tuskegee National Forest
Date: February 26, 1994
Personnel: Bedford V. Cash
Agency/Organization: US Forest Service
Summary: On February 26, 1994, Bedford Cash died of a heart attack while working on a prescribed burn on the Tuskeegee National Forest.
Tuskeegee National Forest
- Memorial Page for Forest Service Fallen: Memorial Page
- Bedford's name, death date and brief bio are included in the USFA Firefighter Fatality Retrospective Study, published April 2002 (2,888 K pdf) page 98
- Bedford Cash, District Ranger, US Forest Service, Career Firefighter, Heart Attack.
- District Ranger Cash was conducting prescribed burning in the Tuskegee National Forest when he suffered a fatal heart attack.
- USFA Memorial Database: Bedford V Cash and on the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial under Alabama
- Tuskegee National Forest: Bedford V Cash Memorial Trail
- Alabama Fallen Firefighters list: 1994, Bedford V Cash
- Alabama State Fallen Firefighter Memorial located at the Alabama Fire Academy in Tuscaloosa AL
Contributors to this article: Mellie, Wildland Firefighter Foundation, Rene Vanderhooft, John Miller
Please support the Wildland Firefighter Foundation